[syslinux] Questions re PXELINUX

Octavio Schroeder oschroeder at peer1.com
Tue Nov 8 12:16:36 PST 2011

I have been using PXELINUX for a while and appreciate all you guys are doing!

I have a couple of questions re PXELINUX:

1. I am experiencing problems with the LOCALBOOT statement on an IBM x3650. IBM mentions the following:
http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?lndocid=MIGR-5084755

I am using PXELINUX 4.04. Is this problem still attributed to some bug in PXELINUX? Right now I am using the work-around of using chain.c32 with the append hd0 parameter. But this solution skips the BIOS boot sequence.

2. Is there a plan to make an EFI version of PXELINUX?

Regards,

Octavio