[syslinux] Syslinux Mem= greater than 4096M

Kevin Sullivan ksullaustin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 11:13:27 PST 2012

Thanks to everyone that offered advice and opinions on this issue.  It
looks like the linux.c32 is one option, but I just now tried memmap= and it
worked on the first attempt.

The problems (challenges) with the e820 map is that it is so highly
variable from system to system and we are attempting to make a boot USB
distribution that works on everything from netbooks to enterprise servers.
Currently, this means booting on multiple vendors' machines that could have
anywhere from 1 GB to 1.5 TB of system RAM.  And some of the e820 memory
maps are extremely convoluted.

Thanks for your assistance and thanks for your participation in creating
something as important to the world of computing as syslinux is fantastic.

-Kevin