[syslinux] Syslinux 4.10-pre20

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Mon Jun 4 11:15:50 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 02:33:10AM -0700, Shantanu Gadgil wrote:
> On Thu, 5/31/12, Geert Stappers <stappers at stappers.nl> wrote:
>
> > > P.S.
> > > As usual, eagerly (and patiently) waiting for the HTTP bits to
> > > start working properly! ;) :)
> >
> > How should I read that??. Does it mean "I'm waiting to get time
> > to test" or do you mean "tested, it doesn't work yet"???
> > Anyway, please send a tcpdump whenever testing is done.
>
> I meant "I hope the HTTP part of pxelinux.0 starts working properly
> so that I can start using it" :)

   (-:

> It doesn't work for me yet; I am attaching the tcpdump of the client
> machine trying to boot.  Client's MAC is '00:26:b9:7c:6c:20'
>
> The pxelinux is 4.10-pre22 with the patch provided by HPA.
> I did 'make spotless and make clean' as told by HPA.

FWIW  the pcap file shows half[0] of the "DHCP handshake" and
the full TFTP transmission of the pxelinux.0
Then a nice gratious ARP from the client.
All followed by silence ...

My guess is that the tcpdump capture is done at the TFTP server where
it can see only ethernet broadcasts and TFTP connections from the client.