[syslinux] Get MEMDISK parameters from WinPE 32/64-bit?

Sebastian Herbszt herbszt at gmx.de
Tue Jun 12 11:31:32 PDT 2012

Miller, Shao wrote:
> Good day, Sebastian.
>
> In regards to fetching the MEMDISK command-line from Windows: It's
> possible to accomplish with a Windows driver.  It's on a to-do list for
> WinVBlock, but hasn't happened there, yet.
>
> The logic in the DOS version's source code should be pretty
> straight-forward to follow, I hope.
>
> - Shao Miller

You should be able to reuse the logic of show_safe_hooks() and show_mbfts()
from mdiskchk.c. Is there any ETA when this will be implemented in WinVBlock?

I am wondering if fetching the command-line from Windows would be possible without
a driver if we could put it into a custom ACPI table (OEMx) and insert it from memdisk.
I assume we then should be able to get the data with GetSystemFirmwareTable().

Sebastian