[syslinux] Manually copy over ldlinux.sys

Ryan Kuba ryankuba at gmail.com
Thu May 17 10:39:03 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am working on a remote upgrade that will utilize a squashfs to boot
off the hard drive.

I have everything worked out and functioning, except I see installing
extlinux as an unecesarry step. The only thing I use the command for
is to install the ldlinux.sys file to the /boot/extlinux/ folder.

The rest of it is just a file copy.

What manual step can I take to avoid the installation of
extlinux/syslinux on the target machine.

I would simply like to copy the ldlinux.sys file to that directory and
ensure it is linked to the correct inode.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this using standard posix tools?

Thanks!

Ryan