[syslinux] 5.00pre11 initial comments

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 09:05:25 PST 2012

> On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 16:10 +0200, Ady wrote:
> > When booting, are you able to see "LINE 1 OF HELP2.TXT"?
>
> Yes.
>
> > When manually running that "cat2" label from the boot prompt, are you
> > able to see "LINE 1 OF HELP2.TXT"?
>
> Yes.
>
> > When pressing "F2", are you able to see "LINE 1 OF HELP2.TXT"?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Hopefully you can reproduce them now.
>
> Nope. What machine are you using to test?

VBox 4.1.22 (Windows host), booting with FAT12 1440KB floppy image,
ldlinux.sys/.c32 installed with syslinux.exe (pre11 and pre12).

Also tested in VBox 4.1.22 booting with 1GB VHD fixed image in PATA
primary master, ext3, ldlinux.sys/.c32 installed with EXTLINUX
5.00-pre12 and MBR from 5.00-pre12.

Using the same type of test, but with 4.06, I get:

LINE 1 OF HELP2.TXTboot:

So the only difference is that in 4.06, the "boot:" prompt is
displayed after the end of the content, while in 5.00-pre12 the
"boot:" prompt is displayed always at the beginning of the same line,
covering the previously displayed text on that line.

TIA,
Ady.