[syslinux] Syslinux 4.06-pre12

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Tue Oct 9 05:33:35 PDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-10-07 at 09:09 +0200, Ady wrote:

> Some already-reported issues:

Thanks for collecting these issues together!

> 1_ "ifmemdsk.c32" is not present (eve when it was specifically
> present in the 4.05 news).
>
>  In
>    ./com32/modules/Makefile
>
>  Shouldn't the ifmemdsk.c32 module be included?

Yes, I've added this to com32/modules/Makefile now.

> Please don't just take my word; instead, check what needs to be done
> so to have ifmemdsk.c32.
>
> 2_ "MENU DEFAULT" with several submenus is not working when coming
> from a different submenu (using MENU GOTO for example).

Yep, that seems like a bug. The MENU GOTO is the important part of that
problem. I've replied to Tomas' mail with a patch.

> 3_ "display.c32" doesn't seem to work correctly. It also needs
> improvements for the "MORE" functionality in it. Maybe the problem is
> that it is located under the complex menu directory (./com32/cmenu/)?

Do you have a full description of this problem? In what way does
display.c32 not work correctly?

> 4_ "MENU DISABLE" for the last menu entry (not active but still
> "selectable").

Right. That looks like a small bug fix. I replied to Matt's email.

> 5_ What about
>  http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2012-September/018039.html ?

This is a missing feature, rather than any kind of a bug. I don't see a
reason to block 4.06 for this. If someone writes a patch it can be
applied to a future release.

> 6_ What about
>   http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2012-September/018075.html ?

Again, this looks more involved than a simple one-line bug fix. If
someone wants to send patches then I'd be happy to review them.

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center