[syslinux] INT22h/000Dh

Piotr Romaniuk piotr.romaniuk at elesoftrom.com.pl
Wed Sep 5 16:24:02 PDT 2012

W dniu 2012-09-05 22:28, Geert Stappers pisze:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 08:59:51PM +0200, Piotr Romaniuk wrote:
>
>> Hi Geert,
>>
> Hello Mailinglist,
>
>            <bigsnip/>

>>> Why this "clear interrupt"?
>>>

>> Just to be sure, that only this code is executed.
>>
> AFAIK x86 assembly is 'sei', "set interrupt" to prevent other interrupts ...

Maybe it depends on assembler that one is using. I found that:
CLI disables interrupts and STI enables them
Please refer to:
http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/manuals/243191.htm
p.108 CLI description,
and p.704 STI respondingly.

Anyway, I can recall SEI( ) from some C program. It enabled interrupts.

Regards
Piotr Romaniuk