[syslinux] isolinux failing on serial console

Marc Pascual marc.m.pascual at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 00:35:19 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 11:17 PM, Marc Pascual <marc.m.pascual at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> navigate
> G2,
> >>
> >> How are you accessing the serial console?  Directly, via an external
> >> serial console server, or the iLO?  Do you have any serial-related iLO
> >> options enabled like redirecting the standard console to serial?
> >>
> > I used putty to connect to telnet to the serial console (used ssh as
> well,
> > same result).
> > I don't have any iLO options/settings as you've described.
>
> So you used PuTTY to connect via a physical serial port over a null
> modem cable to the physical serial port on the machine?  The
> "telnet"ing to a serial console part seems a little confusing.

sorry I misunderstood your first question. *Do you have any serial-related
iLO options enabled like redirecting the standard console to serial? *->
yes, iLo creates a "virtual serial port" which *"send its output and
receive its input from the server's serial port.". *So I have iLo
configured with an IP and attached to the network, with telnet and ssh
enabled (in addition to the traditional http/https access).

cheers,
Marc