[syslinux] [syslinux:firmware] version: Bump version & Lua

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Tue Dec 17 05:56:48 PST 2013

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> writes:

> On 12/12/2013 12:31 AM, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> Also, header dependencies are not tracked, as no .*.d are generated
>> under the com32/lua directory.  Should they be enabled manually, or
>> should the MAKEDEPS flags propagate automatically?
>
> As far as how to deal with dependencies, it probably depends on which
> makes integration with upstream Lua easiest.

We don't use a part of the upstream build system but replace
src/Makefile with our own and recurse into that.  So the contents of the
Makefile do not influence the complexity of integration, I guess.

On the other hand, now that the integration consists of several commits,
we could choose a "best" workflow for future Lua upgrades.  Like
branching off after the pristine import and cherry picking the
integration patches.  Or something else, I don't know what would make
the final merge relatively painless.
Feri.