[syslinux] question

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Tue Jan 8 16:22:35 PST 2013

Op 9-1-2013 14:23, Prof S W Damle schreef:
> Hello,
>
> Is "Dos installer from Win98" REMOVED from
> Syslinux-5.00/syslinux-5.01-pre1?

The following installers are present in 5.00 :
* syslinux.com (DOS, possibly win9x)
* syslinux.exe (win32/win64, possibly win9x)
* syslinux64.exe (win64)
* likely some Linux installer binary or script

Syslinux.com/exe have always been present.

I don't know if they can (and/or want to) be combined to a single
DOS/Windows binary as has been done as experiment for
[ http://www.fdos.org/kernel/sys/sys3.8pre.zip ].

If I followed the list correctly, syslinux.com/exe v5.00 is supposed to
generate LDLINUX.SYS as well as LDLINUX.C32 from its internal code.
For minimal functionality you'd add SYSLINUX.CFG with desired content,
and optionally other stuff like modules, libraries and menu system. each
with their own dependencies.

Bernd