[syslinux] question

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 23:49:22 PST 2013

> (i)
> Do you see any difference between vesamenu.c32 and menu.c32 when booting
> your "O:" drive?
>
> > There is NO difference between vesamenu.c32 and menu.c32 when booting
> "O:" drive.
>
> (ii)
> In your syslinux.cfg file, there are no .....So, just for curiosity, is
> there any difference?
>
> >I found NO difference.

So my assumption was correct. In your case, using menu.c32 instead of
vesamenu.c32 makes sense.

> (iii)
>  for curiosity and my guidance, you are requested to state/provide  the
> steps followed by you on the "SYSLINUX.CFG" file provided by me.

In my previous email, I already suggested opening both files,
syslinux.cfg and syslinux.cf1, and comparing them. Although there are
programs specially designed to show you the differences while
displaying both files side by side, in this case you can do it
yourself without them. Take each "section" of the two files and
analyze the differences. There are only a few changes and they
shouldn't be difficult to detect, specially when you look at them as
"sections", not just as "line by line".

If you see a specific change (or the reason for it) that is not
clear, then you are welcome to ask.

Best Regards,
Ady.