[syslinux] Is it possible with syslinux efi support (6.0) chainload the memdisk and load a DOS Floppy image?

Jernej Simončič jernej.listsonly at ena.si
Fri Jan 18 15:07:07 PST 2013

On Friday, January 18, 2013, 20:47:05, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> The only way you can boot DOS in an EFI environment is to use a
> Compatibility Support Module (CSM).  Currently most EFI BIOSes contain a
> CSM, which is used to boot in legacy BIOS mode.  There has been some
> work into making SeaBIOS an Open Source CSM, but it isn't available yet.

Speaking of CSM, I recently found out that Windows 7 won't boot in
UEFI mode if it's disabled (new HP laptops let you disable CSM) -
apparently the loader calls some BIOS functions even when booting in
UEFI mode (this was fixed in Windows 8).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

One good turn gets most of the blanket.
       -- Ellenberg's Theory