[syslinux] Chaining with chain.c32 from syslinux 6.01 error

Adrian Irimia adixtx at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 24 06:39:57 PDT 2013

I just tested 6.02-pre10 version.

On physsical machine it is booting ok now, but chain.c32 result is the same errors :  ERR: Primary partition (in MBR) with invalid offset and/or length.
  ERR: Cant't find myself on the drive I booted from
Adding 'relax' option to chain.c32 invocation resolves the problem.

In qemu the boot and chaining works ok (without 'relax' option).