[syslinux] Syslinux 6.00 released

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jun 20 19:47:15 PDT 2013

On 06/20/2013 05:01 PM, Matt Fleming wrote:
> Finally, the Syslinux 6.00 release is out. This release includes support
> for booting from EFI, both from disk-based media and over the network
> via PXE. Thanks to everyone who has been testing this out.
>
> There are some EFI bugs that I'm aware of,
>
>   * booting Linux kernels without CONFIG_RELOCATABLE doesn't work
>   * 64-bit syslinux.efi cannot boot 32-bit kernels and vice versa
>   * displaying of Fn files messes up the console
>
> Please do test out the release and report any regressions. I'm
> particularly interested to hear about any problems with the BIOS code,
> which will be a result of introducing the 'firmware' abstraction that
> allows the BIOS and EFI backends to coexist.

Hello,

First thanks for doing this release finally, congratulations to the
Syslinux Team :)

In BIOS mode, looks like there is something wrong with CONFIG directive
(at least on SYSLINUX and ISOLINUX). After executing it with an existent
(or non existent) file, system cursor changes the default color from
white to gray, and nothing more happens. If serial console is enabled,
nothing more appears here.
This is always reproducible from a cfg file or directly from boot:
prompt. No errors messages.

Tested building from source, but also happens using binaries provided in
the tarball.
Running on QEMU 1.4.2/1.5.0 with or without KVM enabled.

Have a nice day!

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
\cos^2\alpha + \sin^2\alpha = 1