[syslinux] Syslinux-5.10-pre1 looks for ldlinux.c32 in TFTP instead of HTTP

Tobias Göbel kubax1983 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 14:49:43 PDT 2013

Am 15.03.2013 18:30, schrieb Matt Fleming:
> On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 15:15 +0100, Tobias Göbel wrote:
>> Is there any way (except serial console) to somehow debug what
>> pxelinux.0 is doeing? for example see wich pathes it tries?
>> Something like logging to a syslog daemon would be nice.
> You could try adding,
>
>      GCCWARN += -DDEBUG_STDIO -DDEBUG=1
>
> to mk/devel.mk. The output can be quite noisy, but it should give you a
> clue as to what paths it's trying.

Ok, thanks for the Hint.

I setup a litle test environment at home to, as i allready wanted to
replace my FritzBox's DHCP and DNS Server anyways, i got the
possibilitie to test it also at home.

I just set up the same environment as i'm creating at work (except for
the pxelinux default config file, wich is only a placeholder with some
basic menu found on the internet) and tested a litle bit.

With you hint (stdio didn't work strangely) i found the logging to the
for serial port. As i'm testing the PXE-boot with VMware Player, i set
up a serial port printing to a named pipe and set up Putty to grab the
input.

I've uploaded the result of one boot to pastbin. Hopefully it helps to
find the problem.

Here is the link to pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/BgjmdUEG