[syslinux] syslinux.exe, on XP, fails to run on a USB stick

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Sun Mar 17 05:31:45 PDT 2013

Op 17-3-2013 13:10, Regid Ichira schreef:
>    I was trying to set up a USB stick with syslinux.exe, on a
> XP machine.  Had the following problems:

You're not specifying the following things:
* Syslinux version (4.06 ? 5.01?)
* if you're running the console window as administrator or not
* if the filesystem on the USB stick is FAT/FAT32
* if directory '\SYSLINUX' already exists or not (it should)

I'd recommend trying to get syslinux on the device using programs such
as RUFUS (rufus dos usb) or RMprepUSB (or Unetbootin, YUMI, or whatever)
and verify that that works.
Afterwards you could still try to run a syslinux.exe installation command.

Bernd