[syslinux] ifcpu[64].c32 functions drop to command line

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Fri May 3 05:31:47 PDT 2013

On Thu, 02 May, at 06:55:27AM, Gene Cumm wrote:
> > When dropping down to the boot: prompt, Ctrl-N doesn't seem to do
> > anything. Unless I've previously typed in a command, in which case
> > it brought up the previous command. I'm guessing it must have
> > changed in 5.x.
>
> MFleming: does this sound right?

Yes, 5.x grew support for new behaviour at the command prompt which
allows you to cycle through your command history. Unfortunately Ctrl-N
was already a valid key sequence in 4.x, but instead of printing network
information in 5.x, Ctrl-N cycles to the next command in the history.

I'm not quite sure of the best way to fix this regression, other than
assigning a new key sequence for displaying network information.

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center