[syslinux] Question about syslinux EFI alpha version

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Thu May 9 04:19:18 PDT 2013

On 05/08/2013 02:51 PM, Andreas Heinlein wrote:
> Am 07.05.2013 15:05, schrieb Klaus Knopper:
>> Could you please send me a signed copy of your syslinux.efi for 63 and
>> 32bit? Maybe it's just my compile environment.
> Hello,
>
> may I also apply for a copy? :-)
>
> I'm one of the authors of the Ubuntu Privacy Remix live system and I am
> currently trying to accomplish much the same like Klaus, i.e. keep our
> Syslinux-based boot menus and configs while making the whole thing work
> on EFI-systems as well.

The 6.00 preleases include copies of syslinux.efi for both 32-bit and
64-bit at efi32/efi/syslinux.efi and efi64/efi/syslinux.efi,
respectively. You shouldn't need to request copies form me explicitly
unless, like Klaus, you're trying to debug something.

> Since I'm not that good at compiling and debugging low-level code (much
> less than Klaus', I assume..) I'd be very happy to test a compiled
> binary. BTW: Will it be neccessary to use Syslinux 6 on the "classic"
> BIOS side as well, or can the configs be shared with Syslinux 5 or even 4?

Configs are generally backwards compatible. I can't think of any
directives between 4.x, 5.x and 6.x that have been deprecated.

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center