[syslinux] Latest firmware branch failing to compile with gnu-efi-3.0t

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Mon May 20 05:46:40 PDT 2013

On Sat, 18 May, at 09:51:34PM, Adam Baxter wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'm trying to build HEAD on the firmware branch from git and I'm getting
> the following errors:

[...]

> In file included from /home/voltagex/src/syslinux/efi/mem.c:2:0:
> /home/voltagex/src/syslinux/efi/efi.h:33:5: error: unknown type name
> 'EFI_SERVICE_BINDING'
>      EFI_SERVICE_BINDING *binding;
>      ^

[...]

> This is with the 3.0t headers installed and gcc version 4.8.0 20130502
> (prerelease) (GCC)
>
> Any ideas?

There are patches in the upstream gnu-efi repository that introduce the
EFI_SERVICE_BINDING symbol. Unfortunately, it seems that no gnu-efi
release has been put out yet that includes those changes, so you'll have
to grab them from the git repository at,

    git://git.code.sf.net/p/gnu-efi/code

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center