[syslinux] IPMI serial over lan disconnects seem to trigger extlinux reboots

Andrew J. Schorr aschorr at telemetry-investments.com
Thu Nov 14 13:06:17 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:44:27PM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Actually, start by dropping it down to mem=2G, and move downward from there.

There are 7 systems in question: 4 have 2G of ram, and 3 have 4G.
I have had more problems with the 4 that have only 2G of ram,
so that might support this theory.

> >> I wonder if that has negative implications for subsequent system performance...
>
> It will, but it would be useful as a diagnostic tool.

I wonder if this bug has been fixed in a newer version of the BIOS.
I may try to upgrade remotely, although, in my experience, it is rarely
possible.

Thanks,
Andy