[syslinux] syslinux.efi pxeboot across multiple subnets

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 03:29:46 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Jason Matthews
<jason.david.matthews at gmail.com> wrote:
>>I played around with the udp4_cb function and it looked like it was coming
> back with token->Status == 512, which (if I read the spec right) isn't a
> valid value. I'm not sure what is coming through on that. I changed the if
> to if (token->Event) { cb_status = 0; }
>
> Looks like the same thing with tcp.c. After I changed that callback,
> everything went through and I go into the OS install.
>
> But, if I go back to 1 subnet after those changes, it errors out with
> Invalid Parameter when attempting to send the first packet.
>
> (Sorry for the top posting.)

I just started examining this and find it odd that the core_udp_recv()
doesn't zalloc() its token while core_udp_send()/core_udp_sendto() do.
 All three are a part of commit fe283b78 by Matt Fleming.  Should this
be made into a zalloc() rather than pushing it into the stack?  It'd
seem like it could run some stack issues plus there's no guarantee
what's in it (unless there's some stack trickery just before the calls
to core_udp_recv() )

--
-Gene