[syslinux] Sysinux 6 will not boot ISOs on BIOS (i.e. pre-UEFI) systems

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Tue Nov 26 00:00:32 PST 2013

Hi,

unrequested xorriso support:

Ady wrote:
>  -sort-weight 2 isolinux/isolinux.bin
> I am not sure if the adequate path for this parameter
> should be with or without a heading "/".

Both will work in this example.
The relative address "isolinux/isolinux.bin" will get prefixed
the current working directory in the ISO image. Default at
program start is "/".

I recommend to use absolute addressing, because the working
directory in ISO could be changed by e.g.
  xorriso -cd /my/iso/prefix -as mkisofs ...
or by a -cd command in ~/.xorrisorc.
The same advise applies to -b (aka -eltorito-boot) and
-c (aka -eltorito-catalog).

Have a nice day :)

Thomas