[syslinux] One DHCP/PXE config for BIOS, EFI32, and EFI64 clients?

Steven Shiau steven at nchc.org.tw
Sun Sep 15 23:57:25 PDT 2013

Dear all,
I'd like to have a DHCP/PXE server for different arch of clients, i.e.
BIOS, EFI32, and EFI64 clients.
As described here:
What Daniel has proposed
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=720589#10) should
work, i.e. Using a file called pxelinux.cfg/bios containing the
following 2 lines:
===============================
PATH bios/
INCLUDE /pxelinux.cfg/default
===============================
will solve this problem.
However, with the following line specified in dhcpd.conf:
===============================
option pxelinux.configfile "pxelinux.cfg/bios";
===============================
then only the config file pxelinux.cfg/default will be used. Those file
names like:
pxelinux.cfg/01-88-99-aa-bb-cc-dd
pxelinux.cfg/C000025B
pxelinux.cfg/C000025
pxelinux.cfg/C00002
pxelinux.cfg/C0000
pxelinux.cfg/C000
pxelinux.cfg/C00
pxelinux.cfg/C0
pxelinux.cfg/C

won't be loaded if I want to use some specific config file for some machine.

So, is there any method that I can make it so that those config files
based on MAC address and IP address could be loaded?
Thanks in advance.

Steven.

--
Steven Shiau <steven _at_ nchc org tw> <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
National Center for High-performance Computing, Taiwan.