[syslinux] USB boot problems on Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Fri Jan 17 01:43:58 PST 2014

Hi,

> > debian-7.3.0-i386-netinst.iso
> This image also boots with no problems on the GA-M55Plus-S3G.

So isohybrid boots with and without additional GPT.
It boots with partition start 0 and with partition start at 32 kB.

Everything points to FAT or the individual USB stick.

Can you confirm that the same USB stick works with isohybrid
and fails with the hard-disk-style setups ?

> Yes.  To my shame, I admit that this is a fairly old board.

Old or not. It exists and offers resistance.

Regrettably the problem seems to sit in an area where i only
could contribute hearsay.
My best advise for now is to follow Ady's experiment proposal.

Maybe we can narrow the gap from the hard-disk-like side.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas