[syslinux] syslinux and partition support

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 19:41:33 PDT 2014

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 8:12 PM, Jongi <jongitech at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Subject: syslinux and partition support
>
> I presume this to mean loading files from another file
> system/partition that's not the current one.  Currently, there's a
> patch set (MultiFS) however it has not been merged at this time.  I'd
> hope for a pre-release including this patch shortly after the full
> 6.03 release.
>
> --
> -Gene

As a side-note, I really hope we can skip the unnecessary mixed-case
naming and useless symbols for this feature.

Let's limit the name of this feature to:
#1_ all-lowercase, "multifs";
#2_ with an optional initial capital letter _when starting
sentences_, "Multifs...";
#3_ with optional all-uppercase when trying to emphasize the term
(e.g. in lists or changelogs), "MULTIFS".

So, with the _optional_ exceptions of the above #2 and #3, let's KISS
with "multifs".

Let's avoid "MultiFS", "MultiFs", "Multi-fs", "multi/fs", "multi fs"
and any unnecessary combination of upper/lower case, spaces and/or
symbols.

Let's avoid symbols in the name, which are completely unnecessary.

Let's avoid typos. Let's ease typing.

Let's avoid the potential misinterpretation that the "multifs" term
refers to an actual filesystem.

Let's avoid different ways to refer to one feature. Let's maintain
the same naming KISS convention all along different commits, abroad
documentation, irc, mailing...

Let's KISS, "multifs".

TIA,
Ady.