[syslinux] How to use --once? Does it work?

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Tue Jun 10 12:02:33 PDT 2014

Op 2014-06-09 om 15:41 schreef H. Peter Anvin:
> On 06/09/2014 02:58 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> >
> > Actually, it looks more like this might be the problem:
> >
> > Info: Symbol __muldi3 is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __divdi3 is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __udivmoddi4 is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __ashrdi3 is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol dev_stdcon_w is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __moddi3 is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __syslinux_adv_ptr is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __negdi2 is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __umoddi3 is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __lshrdi3 is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __dtors_end is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __dtors_start is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol dev_null_r is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __ashldi3 is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __udivdi3 is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __syslinux_adv_size is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __ctors_end is defined more than once
> > Info: Symbol __ctors_start is defined more than once
> >

> And, indeed, so it was.  Someone wants to help chase down the reasons
> for the additional duplicate symbols?
>
> 	-hpa

Correct me when I wrong, but I think it is meanwhile fixed in
 http://git.zytor.com/?p=syslinux/syslinux.git;a=commitdiff;h=275a269ddec9f4d1b7a65f4f7c3e818401103d31;hp=415d571ea785c86167301056c6eff744f3cec615

Which has short commit message

  Make symbols defined in linker script HIDDEN

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven