[syslinux] How to use --once? Does it work?

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 10 13:16:31 PDT 2014

> Op 2014-06-09 om 15:41 schreef H. Peter Anvin:
> > On 06/09/2014 02:58 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> > >
> > > Actually, it looks more like this might be the problem:
> > >
> > > Info: Symbol __muldi3 is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __divdi3 is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __udivmoddi4 is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __ashrdi3 is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol dev_stdcon_w is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __moddi3 is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __syslinux_adv_ptr is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __negdi2 is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __umoddi3 is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __lshrdi3 is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __dtors_end is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __dtors_start is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol dev_null_r is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __ashldi3 is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __udivdi3 is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __syslinux_adv_size is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __ctors_end is defined more than once
> > > Info: Symbol __ctors_start is defined more than once
> > >

> > And, indeed, so it was.  Someone wants to help chase down the reasons
> > for the additional duplicate symbols?
> >
> > 	-hpa
> >

> Correct me when I wrong, but I think it is meanwhile fixed in
>  http://git.zytor.com/?p=syslinux/syslinux.git;a=commitdiff;h=275a269ddec9f4d1b7a65f4f7c3e818401103d31;hp=415d571ea785c86167301056c6eff744f3cec615
>
> Which has short commit message
>
>   Make symbols defined in linker script HIDDEN
>

> Groeten
> Geert Stappers
> --

As mentioned in the commit, "Additional linker scripts should have
this done, too."

So the aforementioned commit solves only part of the above list of
Symbol errors.

I'll repeat here the request from hpa: Someone wants to help chase
down the reasons for the additional duplicate symbols? (Note: Please
use the current head/master from the zytor git repo.)

TIA,
Ady.