[syslinux] Checking CRC (of bzImage) before loading

Mau Z zmau1962 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 11:25:14 PDT 2014

Thanks all,

It should be quick, so it will be implemented in C.

Maybe I should have stated that I am not an expert in syslinux (intelligent
but no expert).

I think that I understand the "custom COM32 module" option : I simply have
to change the code (and begin by looking into the files that were
suggested).

As for Peter's suggestion, I am not sure if I understood.
Is this an option which already exists ? How do I activate it ?

BTW, The binary file will probably be tar + gzip.
Does anybody know if there is a "gzip built in CRC test" ?
The easiest way would be to let gzip test the file..... It must be better
than what I can do.

Is there any code example ?  Or maybe another beginning point ?

Thanks
Mau