[syslinux] uEFI PXE Primer/Examples

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:23:23 PDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 6:22 PM, Patrick Masotta via Syslinux
<syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:

>  Where I need help is the layout of the uEFI default file and
>  proper use of the chain.c32.

1) At this time, you can NOT chainload to another partition in a EFI
environment.  I could see this happening in the future (by attempting
to load the default architecture-specific binary by name).  Instead,
consider loading the kernel/initrd from PXE with parameters pointing
to the HDD.

2) At this time, you can not load arbitrary EFI binaries.

>  Been doing quite a bit of googling, but the uEFI pxe stuff
>  is sparse.
> <<<
>
> With Syslinux 6.03 you should use pxechn.c32 instead
> but please consider at the moment they are both BIOS
> only modules.

Agreed.  I doubt either will produce good results.

--
-Gene