[syslinux] EFI: ipxe + syslinux = Failed to read blocks: 0xC

Patrick Masotta masottaus at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 09:45:48 PDT 2015

 Is this possible? Are you saying the FW is stealing the DHCP response
 away before iPXE gets it?  I haven't thought of this possibility.

 Or am I misunderstanding you?
<<<

I'm saying that "probably" iPXE is trigerring a new PXE sequence with a different arch but
the one that finally loads the new NBP is really the FW.

 Since I'm having a hard time getting the FW to grok syslinux, I find it
 surprising it gets this far. And I also have the same problem on my
 virtual qemu/kvm/virtlib/ovmf setup where iPXE *IS* the firmware.
<<<
I call FW to the EFI executive that comes within your PC.
iPXE is an NBP.
Your firmware should load syslinux.efi w/o much trouble,
if you do not have multi-NIC hardware. or if you use the last
patched syslinux

 > it looks like iPXE might still have the chainloading issue

 Which issue are you referring to?
<<<
to be able to chainload to syslinux.efi when it's iPXE the one that
makes the transfer, load and launch syslinux.efi

Best,
Patrick