[syslinux] extlinux 6.03 serial console not responding to input

Patrick Masotta masottaus at yahoo.com
Wed May 20 07:58:37 PDT 2015

 I don't think it's quite so complicated.  I haven't reviewed the entire
 function, but consider this simple patch to the section that handles
 the "serial" command:
<<<

It is not individually complicated (I agree) but there are "many" different variables in the
configuration file; your patch only considers the serial command receiving a decimal integer;
But how about checking i.e. something like:

menu color title   1;37;44     #FFFFFFFF *
menu color border  37;44       #80FFFFFF #00000000 none
menu color sel     *           #FFFFFFFF #76A1D0FF *
menu color hotsel  1;7;37;40   #FFFFFFFF #76A1D0FF *

can you imagine parsings something like that using your approach?
a coder's nightmare...

Best,
Patrick