[syslinux] Syslinux 6.04-pre1

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 6 07:46:06 PST 2016

> $ make -j [jobs]

> $ nasm -version
> NASM version 2.11.06 compiled on Feb 18 2015

Probably this is part of the problem. Please update NASM to a newer
version.

I have suggested repeated times that a list of problematic /
conflicting software that affects Syslinux (e.g. building environment)
should have a wiki page in the official Syslinux wiki.

The fact that some newer version or patch could be available does not
make the conflict / problem disappear for everyone.

Please note that such problems are not to be mentioned in the "Common
Problems" wiki page, which is for common final users. I would suggest a
wiki page with a title such as "Building" (not to be confused with
"Doc/building", a wikified copy of official documentation included in
official release archives).

Regards,
Ady.