[syslinux] where to swap

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 26 02:50:17 PDT 2017

> Hi,
>
> i wrote:
> > > I think it still has good reason to exist.
>
> Ady wrote:
> > Would you please clarify what do you mean with "it"?
>
> "It" was the code part about
>
>      xor     %cx, %cx        /* Clear EBIOS flag. */
>
> which Martin mentioned as "can be ignored" in the the text which i
> quoted before my statement.

Translation to a more plain language (so to avoid calling both, the
original code and the patch too, as "code", or both being "it"):

You are suggesting to revert the (wrong) commit 48e94f4fa7b3c3..., and
then the whole complete "correct" patch that Martin posted should be
applied, not just the first part, but the second part too.

>From my prior post, two items remain to be seen:

_ clarification from Martin (since I asked a similar question regarding
his own email/wording); and

_ after reverting the (wrong) commit 48e94f4fa7b3c3..., whether the 2
sections of Martin's patch should rather be applied as one commit, or 2
separate commits, or just the first part of the patch should be
applied.

Regards,
Ady.