[syslinux] Can USB:syslinux install another USBstik?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Mon May 15 09:29:45 PDT 2017

] Sounds like either chain.c32 or LOCALBOOT was used or you merely
] passed different parameters to the kernel via its command line, like
] "root=/dev/sda5".

Yes exactly! I was able to enter the required <root partition> on the cmd-line.
I've read that the <failed to mount root...block (0,0)
 or eg.(1,3) "tells something">.

Since GRUB is able to see the various device/partitions [using `ls`]
although not
mount/boot, I was guessing that's because GRUB has got all the device drivers,
syslinux had a problem in accessing/mounting a different/2nd USB-stik?

] Sounds like either chain.c32 or LOCALBOOT was used or you merely
] passed different parameters to the kernel via its command line, like
] "root=/dev/sda5".

Knowing WHAT said details are , may be knowing the problem solution ?

WDYS ?