The Syslinux Project
- 2014-10-06 : Syslinux 6.03 released. This was primarily a bug fix release.
- 2013-10-13 : Syslinux 6.02 released.
- 2013-07-04 : Syslinux 6.01 released. This was a bug fix release.
- 2013-06-20 : Syslinux 6.00 released.
- 2013-06-04 : Syslinux 5.10 released.
- 2013-01-28 : Syslinux 5.01 released.
- 2012-12-06 : Syslinux 5.00 released.
- 2013-07-25 : Syslinux 4.07 released.
- 2012-10-23 : Syslinux 4.06 released. This was a bug fix release, but some new features were added.
- 2012-07-21 : Because of persistent spam attacks, we now require accounts to be manually authorized to edit the wiki. After creating an account, plesae contact us (with your username) to have your account enabled for edits.
- 2012-05-24 : The wiki is finally back in fully editable form, thanks to Shao Miller.
- 2011-12-09 : Syslinux 4.05 released. This was primarily a bug fix release.
- 2011-04-18 : Syslinux 4.04 released. This was a bug fix release, but some new features were added.
- 2010-10-22 : Syslinux 4.03 released. This was primarily a bug fix release.
- 2010-07-21 : Syslinux 4.02 released. This was primarily a bug fix release.
See the change log for older release information.
The Syslinux Project covers lightweight bootloaders for MS-DOS FAT filesystems (SYSLINUX), network booting (PXELINUX), bootable "El Torito" CD-ROMs (ISOLINUX), and Linux ext2/ext3/ext4 or btrfs filesystems (EXTLINUX). The project also includes MEMDISK, a tool to boot legacy operating systems (such as DOS) from nontraditional media; it is usually used in conjunction with PXELINUX and ISOLINUX.
More info about SYSLINUX, PXELINUX, ISOLINUX, and EXTLINUX can be found on their respective pages; however, since the three have a lot in common, the common documentation is on the SYSLINUX page for now.
The Syslinux Project is now maintained in a public git repository. See Development for details.
If you're interested in helping out with the SYSLINUX Project, please see the help wanted page, or just help out with the Wiki!