User:GeneC: Difference between revisions
(→repos: update with Zytor repo)
Revision as of 15:30, 1 October 2010
Work In Progress; 2010-09-24: Currently working on ROSH (now compatible with Syslinux 4.x)
Some patches I've submitted and are waiting for review/integration (in no particular order)
- core: Fix ISOLINUX and EXTLINUX mangle_name() to handle "/"
- libfat: Fix to handle certain corrupt but usable FAT file systems. Awaiting a response from Alain. This spawned the idea of an additional installer command line option "-p"/"--permissive" to allow some FAT checks to fail but not all.
- com32: parse_args() to parse a string to an argc/argv pair. Currently __parse_args() is a COM32-specific implementation but my proposal is more portable.
- rosh: A bunch of improvements
- core: UI/DEFAULT directives: If UI fails for any of several reasons (file not found, COM32 but not COM32R), use DEFAULT instead of UI.
My public repositories
- Main public
- Backup publics
Recently (2009-03-21), I've been making progress in making certain directory functions available from the Syslinux layer through to COM32. These are strictly read-only functions that will help with the implementation of a simple read-only shell. At this time, the API is still under minor revisions but should be solidifying shortly. The API is only available at this time from the GIT tree and only for SYSLINUX (ldlinux.sys). rosh, my read-only shell, is making progress and I feel that it is approaching the phase of being relatively user friendly.
The aforementioned API was destroyed in favor of C-based protected mode code to do the same operation in 4.00. After some updates back in May to rosh and some work on helping out on testing 4.00 pre releases, I've been working on some miscellaneous things. DRMK support in chain.c32.