[syslinux] pxelinux fron Floppy disk?

Sven Geggus sven at geggus.net
Wed Apr 3 15:06:42 PST 2002

Hi there,

we are using a couple of Diskless Linux Workstations in conjunction with PXE
capabable Network cards to boot the system. This works fine using pxelinux.
However, there are a few workstations left, which are not able to boot via
PXE and thus this workstations need a Kernel on a floppy disk and an
additional initrd image.

The Problem with is, that both of them don't fit on a floppy disk.

We used to use netboot for this purpose, but there seems to be no way to
set up netboot in a way that one can use a somewhat big initrd file.

Thanks for hints

Sven

--
/* Fuck me gently with a chainsaw... */
(David S. Miller in /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/kernel/ptrace.c)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://geggus.net/sven/ on the Web