[syslinux] pxelinux fron Floppy disk?

Peter Lister P.Lister at sychron.com
Mon Apr 8 04:20:42 PDT 2002

> Recent etherboot version added "some sort" of pxe stack for "some sort" of
> FreeBSD pxe booting scheme.

Yes - I'm sure I've got the email somewhere...

> Do you know if this is a first pass to a complete pxe client support in
> etherboot?

I've not heard anything on etherboot-developers, but since Ken Yap
started NILO and maintains Etherboot, he'd the the guy to ask; I am
indeed about to ask him. NILO uses OSkit and presumably the OSkit nic
drivers. Etherboot has its own nic library and dhcp and tftp, so it
seems reasonable to see what's involved in bolting the PXE specific bits
of NILO onto Etherboot.

I'd *really* like a multiheaded beast with Etherboot, GRUB and
"pxelinux" personalities as well as a PXE environment. I'd like to
encourage the various firmware projects to play nicely togther and work
towards support for e.g. RFC MTFTP and Vaccine.