[syslinux] pxelinux fron Floppy disk?

Seth Kurtzberg seth at cql.com
Mon Apr 8 09:03:34 PDT 2002

This is quite true.  I made something very similar work recently.  It was
with PowerPC hardware, so the boot ROM code was different, but the principle
is exactly the same.  This particular boot PROM, in fact, was worse than
anything you should need to deal with in a "normal" situation, because it was
homegrown (not by me) and its DHCP compliance was worse than the broken DHCP
implementations I've dealt with in more mainline hardware.

If anyone wants to get into even more gory details, contact me off list.
Peter's summary is excellent.  I hadn't thought of using the chaining
solution; I'm going to give that a try.