[syslinux] Re: Failure with 1st isolinux attempt

Dermot Bradley bradley at oldcolo.com
Tue Apr 9 16:38:35 PDT 2002

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Jim Wright wrote:

> Here's an example command line.  -l and -r ought to fix it for you.

I've got things working. Here's what I've changed:

Added "-R" to the mkisofs options as without Rock Ridge support my
soft links (like libc.so.6 link) were messed up...

Renamed the kernel to a shorter (<9 chars) name and adjested isoconfig.cfg
appropriately.

Edited isoconfig.cfg to (1) add a init=/sbin/init part to the APPEND line,
and (2) remove quotes from round the APPEND options.

The resultant CD now boots up straight off the CD using no swap - now to
write a script for partitioning/formatting the hard disk and copying files
onto it and making it bootable...

--
Dermot Bradley
bradley at oldcolo.com, bradley at debian.org