[syslinux] syslinux 1.67 - have to use '-s' on my Dell CPiA 366

Dag Bakke dag at bakke.com
Mon Apr 15 03:43:09 PDT 2002

Hi. I need to use '-s' with syslinux, in order to make it work on my
Dell CpiA 366 laptop *when I use 1722kB floppies*.

Plain 1440kB floppies work w/o '-s'.

1722kB images work well with bochs without the use of '-s'.
http://bochs.sf.net/

Thanks,

Dag B

http://syslinux.zytor.com/faq.php

"The -s option, if given, will install a "safe, slow and stupid" version
of SYSLINUX. This version may work on some very buggy BIOSes on which
SYSLINUX would otherwise fail. If you find a machine on which the -s option
is required to make it boot reliably, please send as much info about your
machine as you can, and include the failure mode."