[syslinux] bootdisk for an initrd image on cd

Markus Heinze heinze at jobpilot.com
Mon Apr 15 12:29:56 PDT 2002

Hello

I have create a bootdisk with isolinux. These cd load an initial ramdisk
(75MB) as rootfs, start the init process and some service (e.g. network,
inetd) and gives me a valid loginshell for working (recover the system
from a backup).
Now i found, that some of my machines cannot boot from cdrom (the
controller doesn't support this).

Q: Is it possible to create a floppy bootdisk, that starts the kernel
from floppy and load the initrd from the cd?
If yes, what i have to do for this?

best regards
Markus Heinze

|__ Linux is like a Wigwam: no Windows, no Gates, Apache inside __|