[syslinux] Can I do this ?

Wernher Eksteen wernher at ddsecurity.co.za
Sat Apr 20 08:41:26 PDT 2002

Dear Sir,

I am trying to create a multiboot cd that will supposr the following:

1. Linux RedHat 7.2
2. Windows 2000 Professional
3. Windows 2000 Server
4. Windows 2000 Advanced Server

I get it right, but to have the Linux image on the same cd and to boot from it is
a problem.

Here's what I did:

First I created a bootable cd with the windows images and used the El-Torito standard
based file from Bart called diskem1x.bin from his site www.nu2.nu.

Bart has a tool called BBIE, now when I use this util I can extract the bootsector from
a bootable CD, let's say windows 2000. I then HexEdit this file to point to a different
directory other than the I386 one to let's say WSRV. Let's say I call this new file wsrvboot.bin.

When I use the diskem1x.bin I can boot this wsrvboot.bin file with the simple command of
"run wsrvboot.bin" and off it goes.

Bart now has something that he calls ISOLINUX/MEMDISK that he uses from your site
I assume. I can't seem to boot this wsrvboot.bin file of mine by using the MEMDISK as
my kernel, I can however boot an dos.img file that I created using a file called dd.exe that
created a image from a dos based bootdisk.

I also tried to use tat diskem1x.bin file to boot the isolinux.bin file but that doesn't work, the
reason why I though of doing that is that I thought that I could maybe load the isolinux as
a menuoption that would then give me the capability to do my linux install using the vmlinuz
kernel.

I don't know what to do. Is there a way I can have both a Linux and Windows install from the
same cd upon boot ??

Could you please try to help me, I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Wernher