[syslinux] isolinux problem

Timo Benk t_benk at web.de
Sat Apr 20 10:54:48 PDT 2002

Hi,

First of all: Thank you for that great bootloader(s).
Really a great piece of work :-)

1. Problem:
The isolinux 1.71 version does not boot on any of my
computers. the boot process stops after the initial
ramdisk was loaded, and vmware tells me that the
processor was stopped. I tried several kernel
images as well as dos boot disk images with memdisk,
but the problem was the same.

2. Problem:
Isolinux 1.67 works like a charme on my main computer
and in vmware, but it fails on my laptop.

The laptop is a Satellite Pro 4600. unfortunately i
do not know the correct name of the bios, it just
says ACPI BIOS version 2.40 on the upper right of
the display.

The isolinux-debug.bin tells me the following:

isolinux: starting up, DL = 82
isolinux: loaded spec OK, drive=82

and then it hangs forever.

-timo

PS: you ask for projects that use syslinux, here is mine:

http://rescuecd.sourceforge.net

--
gpg key fingerprint = 6832 C8EC D823 4059 0CD1  6FBF 9383 7DBD 109E 98DC