[syslinux] Memdisk Hard Disk Images

SteveOlson at kdhe.state.ks.us SteveOlson at kdhe.state.ks.us
Wed Aug 7 14:48:31 PDT 2002

I'm a relatively new user of Linux, and a complete newbie with
Syslinux/Isolinux.

Does anyone know of a way to make a hard disk image compatible with
Memdisk/ISOLINUX that is for DOS or Windows.  I'm trying to use it to build
a techies toolkit boot CD with several boot floppy images I use in my job,
and I am wanting to make a hard drive file for use by it...

Also, is there a utility for DOS or Windows that will allow me to easily
create a color ISOLINUX Display file.  I have an old program called THEDRAW
from my DOS-Based BBS days, but it saves in an ANSI Graphics format.  For
that matter, is there a command line utility for DOS that will convert an
ANSI file to an ISOLINUX Display format file?

Has anyone got any samples of similar ISOLinux Applications that they would
share the config/menu display files from as a building block for me?

Or better yet, some on-line tutorials of some decent applications of using
Memdisk and Isolinux.  It's a GREAT product, but the documentation seems a
bit sparse to me... I wish it had actual examples for each applicable
command, not just a syntax description and simple examples for a few
commands...

  -- Steve Olson
  -- solson at kdhe.state.ks.us
  -- steveolson at postmark.net