[syslinux] pxelinux aborts booting

Christian Hoefer christian at christian-hoefer.de
Fri Aug 16 07:22:41 PDT 2002

On Friday 16 August 2002 09:03, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> > nobody
> > Aug 15 21:52:37 saturn in.tftpd[565]: cannot set groups for user
> > nobody
> >
> > from the source i see that it needs access to /etc/groups, but
> > this file is world readable on my machine, as usual.
> >
> > I did create tftpd:tftpd as suggested in the docu but got the
> > same error (for user tftp of course).
>
> If you're running it with the -u option tftpd will be expected to
> be running initially as root (so it can change the user ID.)
>
> 	-hpa

Thanks alot for your quick response Peter. I mailed to your personal
address by accident - intented to send to the list.

With my tftp problem there is no progress for hours however, just to
let you know. I keep trying things:
starting from inetd, starting from inetd -> tcpd, strarting from root
shell ... with/without -u

Christian