[syslinux] PXELinux Q(s) :)

Ramen Sen r.sen at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Aug 22 02:08:07 PDT 2002

> For some reason it just can't seem to find 'init'.  It's in the
> initrd, as is everything else that currently works just fine using
> the 2.2 kernel.  And to help troubleshoot, I can make the kernel and
> initrd available for perusal.
>
> The long and the short of this whole sordid tale is this: does
> anyone have -any- idea why this is happening, and how I can fix it?

If this is a new initrd, then something that bit me was that I needed to run
ldconfig on it - I'm not entirely sure what circumstances force this, but the
following commands did it for me:

mkdir /tmp/mnt
mount -o loop initrd.img /tmp/mnt
/sbin/ldconfig -r /tmp/mnt -f /tmp/mnt/etc/ld.so.conf

It took me over a day to figure out why it was panicing.
Not sure if this is what your problem is, but worth a go if you're still
having problems.

good luck
Ramen