[syslinux] How do I install RedHat via pxelinux and Kickstart

Stephen Brown sbrown7 at umbc.edu
Thu Aug 22 06:44:24 PDT 2002

On 22 Aug 2002, Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:

> > I am trying to install RedHat via pxelinux and kickstart, but it did not
> > load the ks=ks.cfg file.  Here is my default file:

<<snip>>
We use kickstart to build new disk images for computer labs here.  We
put the ks.cfg file directly on the boot floppy (which uses syslinux to
boot) and the machine is booted with the command line: linux ks=floppy
The installer has no problem continuing after finding the file on the
floppy.

Steve Brown
sbrown7 at umbc.edu