[syslinux] Syslinux with two-disk set (boot+root )

Mike Jones mjj9 at email.byu.edu
Thu Aug 22 09:14:55 PDT 2002

Hello there.

I use (and love!) your syslinux software - also pxelinux and soon isolinux.
I have been using it for build deployment purposes for some time now,
however I recently updated my kernel and added some additional drivers to
it, making it too large to fit on a floppy along with my ramdisk.  This is
no problem for my PXE-enabled clients, of course, but for those machines
that do not support PXE, I can no longer use syslinux because it apparently
does not support the "prompt_ramdisk" option so that I can swap in my second
floppy disk.

Do you have any plans to include this functionality in a later release?

Many thanks.

Mike Jones